Tuesday 5 May 2015

Home-made Jam

I've got heaps of apples and plums from an organic farm.
I don't want to waste them.. ok Lets make home-made jam!

Chopping up apples. no need to peel the skins off. :)
I leave plums just as whole.


Put them in a sauce pan and sprinkle some sugar and lemon juice on the top of the fruits.
I am not big fan of using processed white sugar so I always use "beet sugar". beet sugar is vegetable sugar , made from sweet beets.
In Japan, it is easy to find it at any supermarkets but not here in Australia. :(
I usually ask my mum to ship over. (Thanks mum!)
If anyone knows any on-line shops or supermarkets in Perth where I can purchase please let me know!
*Ive just found it on Amazon.jp Beet Sugar (Tensaitou)

leave them about 15min.

turn the medium heat on. when the fruits become soft, smash them with a potato smasher. and keep heating until the jam becomes the thickness as you wish.
I leave pips and skins in the jam.


Skins melt  and pips usually sink down the bottom of the jar.
so there are no problems with leaving them as they are. :) 

Pasteurize  jars with hot boiling water and store the beautiful home made jam!

I love eating quality sour-dough bread with the apple & plum jam in the morning.
needless to say with one cup of nice coffee as well.
Good start to my day.





:)

1 comment:

  1. ハロー、えりこちゃん!
    アップルプラムジャムなんて初めて聞いたよ!色合いがとっても鮮やかで美味しそう!
    ちょうどえりこちゃんのこと考えてたとこだよ。そろそろスウィーツに付き合ってもらいたくてね。またイースターで忙しくなるね、それまでに。アリランのスパイシーシーフードスープなんだけどね(笑)。今度シティーに行こう!

    ReplyDelete